‘Guest’ – is a person who books a room with the intent to stay at Lidos Hotel.
Guest personal data is collected during the booking process either via www.lidoshotel.com or by an independent third party booking engine provider.
Guest personal data is collected in the following circumstances:
– Booking of a hotel room through www.lidoshotel.com or by independent third party booking engines
– Booking of a hotel room by telephone
– Check in and check out
– Additional charges including late check out, lost key, extra guest
– Submission of guest feedback form
– Provision of information by independent third party booking provider
– Filling in of an online booking or contact us form
Reasons for the collection of guest personal data:
– To deal with guest booking enquiries and requests
– To book and reserve hotel rooms
– To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements and local regulations
– To manage complaints received from guests
– To implement security and fraud prevention means
A guest at Lidos Hotel may be asked, at various times, to provide the following personal data such as:
– Contact information for example full name, address, telephone number, email address
– Personal details for example nationality and passport number
– Credit card details through a secure card payment interface (Lidos Hotel is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant)
– Dates of arrival and departure
How Lidos Hotel stores and protects guest personal data:
Any hard copy personal data is kept securely with restricted access. Any hard copy personal data is shredded when expired. Data will not be kept for longer than is necessary. Records with financial data will be retained for six years.
All electronic devices including hotel reservation software are password protected. All members of staff are provided with their own secure login and password, and every computer regularly prompts users to change their password. Emails containing sensitive or confidential information are password protected.
Lidos Hotel will not share your data with any third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.
The guest has the right to access, modify or delete data held at any time. Please note that if the guest objects to the collection of their data, Lidos Hotel may be unable to provide the guest with services requested during their stay.
Please note: Lidos Hotel does not use guest personal data for marketing. We will only contact a guest in regard to a past, present or cancelled booking at Lidos Hotel.
CCTV images are monitored in the reception for the purpose of crime and to ensure guest and employee safety. Cameras are only in places where they do not intrude on anyone’s privacy and are necessary to fulfill their purpose. All CCTV footage is kept for apporoximately ninety days for security purposes, after which time will be automatically deleted. In certain circumstances CCTV footage may be shared with the police and any persons making a valid enquiry.
Lidos Hotel would like to state that the protection of our guest’s privacy and personal data is our highest priority. Privacy and personal data protection are some of the most important aspects of our work. The way we create, organize and implement our activities both on-line and off-line are based on privacy and personal data protection.
The data provided by you will be used only by Lidos Hotel staff and only for the required purpose and will be kept for statistical and historical reasons. Credit card details are destroyed after the booking procedure is finalized. Such information will not be posted or published by us, and it will not be provided to any third party or used for any commercial goals.